Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

What's up everyone. It's been a few so I'd thought I'd do a little update especially since my last post wasn't of the happiest nature.

Life is meh, I guess, just as everything ups and downs. Nothing too severe, just did a lot of reflecting after my uncle passed and have thought a lot about life and what I want etc...Nothing really new I guess.

Poker wise, yesterday was the first time I played in a week, the time off definitely felt good. When ever I take a break because I'm getting pissed at results and just thinking about the money factor, I realize how bad I've been playing. I didn't think poker at all for a week and just kicked it with the wife and kid (which I'm sure they liked) when it was my "poker time".

The only real thing I did was get back to reading a poker psychology "My Worst Poker Enemy", which helped a lot. I read threw the book about 2/3 of the way and then decided to re-read NLTAP. So I got back to reading the psychology book since I was obviously a basket case...Time off always makes me look at the big picture and makes me realize how bad I was playing, and how results oriented I was being.

I realistically need to take at least 2 days off for every 14 days straight I play. I think that's the thresh hold of my grinding capacity. I looked over my sessions and I could identify exactly where my play took a 180...so I think more consistent breaks will help this problem from occurring regularly...

I also started to session review after I play each session, and that's been very helpful so far. It's what made me realize in the first place I was playing horribly. I looked over sessions on back to back nights and was like "o holy shit, I'm playing horrible and need to take a break and relax" it's amazing what happens when you step back and look, rather than just have the thoughts as you're grinding in your head. I usually take a 15 minute break after I'm done playing, grab some water and then session review, and I think it's going to be a extremely valuable in getting out of my 50nl rut...

So, I'm probably going to get struck by lightning for this...The lady that stole from us got caught! lol, stupid bitch. She stole a credit card and racked up the charges and got caught, man I hope she goes to jail, I'm sure she'll get out by claiming she's crazy (probably not far off), but o well, at least everyone realizes now she's a psycho bitch...

Looking forward to tonight, my mom is having her annual Halloween Bash, so the kid should have fun, this is her first year that she'll actually have somewhat of a clue what Halloween is, so that should make it even funner.

Have a Fun and Safe night everyone.

No comments: