Saturday, August 29, 2009

Damn you Carpal Tunnel

Hey all,

So it's what I feared...looks like it's surgery for my carpal tunnel...I have to make an appointment with a surgeon on Monday and we'll go from there, but my Dr. said that since it hasn't gotten better in the last 4 weeks of doing exercises and wearing the brace then it doesn't look good. I guess I'm alright with it I just want this to be fixed and not have to deal with it anymore...(as I'm typing this it really isn't a pleasant feeling, playing poker doesn't make it feel very good either)

So meh I guess, only shitty thing about it is, my Dr. told me that I won't be able to use my hand for at least a week, it's in a cast type brace and you can't move it for a certain amount of time after the surgery which sucks, since in theory I won't be able to be real productive at work since I have to write down orders, type, then use a mouse for sourcing...wonderful, not the potential vacation I was looking forward to...

Poker has been going pretty good. For the first time I can remember for the last 15K hands my red line has been break even/ a little positive. It probably doesn't sound like a big deal to most of you but I've always had a extremely negative red line and now that it's breaking even/a little positive I'm very happy. I had a sweat session the other week w/ someone who really made me look at it and think I'm not playing the best I could and getting the most out of my game. (letting the $$$ affect my decisions like I get in a habit of doing). So that's definitely making me feel good about my game, no more just throwing $ away in non-showdown pots, which is very +++EV...

Well have a good weekend, my hand is killing me so I can't really type anymore. Later

No comments: