Saturday, August 15, 2009

Unplanned Break

Hey everyone.

So I just got back from my work training. Training is always good imo, so it was nice to get out of my comfort zone and do some new things and get new ideas from other people doing the same thing as me...

I will say that I was extremely upset because the hotel I stayed at was supposed to have high-speed Internet, and supposedly the server crashed on Saturday and they hadn't had it fixed (and i was there Monday-Wednesday) so I had to take a break when I have been playing extremely well as of late and it definitely threw my rhythm off...

Then last night my wife and I went out kid less (always a nice switch) and I actually got to play some live poker (for the first time in over a year). Needless to say I was shocked as I had forgot how bad the live players truly were...I was extremely bored and did a few stupid things, but it was so easy to read players it was unreal. I was up $73 for an hour and a half of play (1/2 NL) so dec I guess...

Well when I came back to the Internet today it was like a different world. I was still in that mentality of "ur horrible and have nothing" and it definitely cost me a BI or 2, I was able to keep up with all the action and tables, but it was definitely a different world. So I think I can say, for me, that Internet poker is definitely the right fit for me...if I had 5-6 hours to play live every night then maybe I wouldn't mind, but I really feel that Internet poker is better suited for me...

So now I just need to really start hyper-focusing again and things will fall into place. I was playing very well before my unscheduled break and I don't think it will take long for me to get back to that point.

I realized while I was gone and thinking about everything that I will have enough points to get the TV I want for our front room w/ my FTP points in November, so needless to say I'm definitely looking forward to that...

One good thing that happened while I was in training was I found paradise... If you smoke cigars, and have never been to a cigar bar before (which I never have) then you can not pass up the chance to go to Smokey Joe's in Fife, it was unreal. Seriously the COOLEST place I've ever been in my life. Add on the fact that they have free wi-fi, and needless to say I can see myself going there to grind on weekends (even though it's 2 hours away from where I live). Everyone was so knowledgeable (even the waitresses) about cigars, it was just a really really cool place, and I can't wait to go back ASAP.

Hope all is well everyone. Have a good weekend.

No comments: