Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weird Weekend

Hey Everyone,

So poker wise this was an extremely weird weekend. I played very well for about 1/2 the sessions I played this weekend and then did really stupid stuff the other 1/2. It's been really weird lately cuz I've really been playing good the last week or so and have actually started to detach myself from the whole money aspect that I've always been so hung up on...(the wife has a job now so poker $$$ isn't really a major part of needed income anymore...)

I've been doing things that I've always know were right but just couldn't get myself to do them because it could sometimes be (to me) spewy, even though it was a +EV move I most of the time just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger, err press the button...

So idk if it's a focus thing or what, whenever it is my time to play I'm always into it and ready (if I'm not then I don't play) so it's just a little strange...A few of the stupid spots I got into were just villain had top of his range, but still it was a roller coaster this weekend, over all I'm up for the weekend but it was definitely not what it should have been.

I was messing around last night late and played some 7-game and I have to say I'm really a fan of it...I played HU (which I've never done before) and it was definitely a fun time and good mix of games. I'm thinking I'm going to start and branch out a little bit and become a "more rounded" player and start to dabble in other games. I've played a decent amount of PLO, but other than that, nothing else of significance. So I'm going to try and play a little bit of that on the weekend when I have more time to play and study, I'm also going to pull out SS2 and read all the other sections that I just briefly skimmed over since I've always just been a NLHE player...It's always good to learn new things!

I have a DR. appointment on Thursday, it's been a month since I've been diagnosed w/ carpal tunnel and this is my appointment to see what the next step is. I can honestly say it really doesn't feel any better and still aches quite regularly (yes I've been wearing my brace and doing the exercises)...I don't really know how I'm going to feel if I need surgery, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when/if I come to it...

Well tomorrow is Monday (LAME!!!) and I need to get to bed. Have a good week everyone.

No comments: