Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting Focused/New Goals

Hey everyone.

So July has at least been a little better and things are on the upswing, but it's still been a very slow process...I feel like I'm playing 100 times better than I was in May/June so that's a very big positive for me.

I've been thinking a lot lately about poker and what I would like to get out of it and I realize that for my family to live the life I want for them/they deserve to I need $$$..., and the only really way i know how to earn any extra money atm (second job sounds like a way no good idea) is obviously poker. I've been making good money lately but i want to go for the jugular. I mean significant amounts that will help take the everyday stresses of bills, food, etc etc away from me, and the wife...

So I'm on a mission to become ridic good...I'm planning on studying, reading and of course lots more on the forums...I just see poker as a way to a better life and I really need to concentrate on things and focus on what I'm doing/ trying to do, and things will work out...all I need to do is put in the work and the results will work themselves out...

At a suggestion of SplitSuit (and my wife...) I've decided to start coaching. I'm taking on "protege" candidates and actually already have one lined up by the sound of it...I'm really looking forward to helping people and help them try and realize their goals, and since I taught golf for 4 years I figure I at least have a little bit of a head start in the teaching game than starting completely fresh...

I'm taking on 5nl and 10nl players who are looking to move up threw the ranks, and of course are serious...I feel like I can help build a solid foundation for players that will help players learn the game and move up at there own pace (whether that be accelerated or more methodical). If this interests you can email mpimpjuicem@comcast.net or just send me a pm on 2 plus 2 forum (mpimpjuicem) if interested, or if you just want more info.

I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow that I'm extremely nervous about...my right hand and forearm has been giving me fits lately when i grind or use the computer. I seriously hope it's not carpal tunnel, but given the fact that I dealt cards for 5 years I'm worrying to say the least...hopefully it goes OK, and I'll just have to wear a brace or something...

So it's been crazy hot in WA this last week and I've loved it...reminds me of Palm Springs, CA and the desert. Man I miss that place, it was my paradise for a year or two, my how life changes though, at least I live on a golf course (ish) now...

Other than that not much going on, hope all is well everyone...Have a good rest of week.

No comments: