Saturday, September 19, 2009

Not So Fast...

Well it looks like I might have jumped the gun a little bit too early on carpal tunnel. I kind of wanted to get a second opinion. My neck and shoulders have been in extreme pain lately. It's been causing me extreme discomfort and ibuprofen isn't helping at all...The surgeon I saw said that a pinched nerve in my neck could very possibly cause the symptoms in my wrist that I'm having...

So i decided to go to the chiropractor (never been to one before). He did some little tests and whatnot and basically told me that my spine is not happy...He did a quick adjustment and then made an appointment for me on Monday to get xrays and look things over. I have to say though after the adjustment I felt a lot better. I'm looking forward to the fact that I might not have to get surgery which is always nice. We'll see what happens...

Poker has been going pretty good. My red line is now actually positive after 14k hands, and that is such a huge change I can't even begin to describe it...My win rate has obviously jumped threw the roof (even with running 5 BI under EV) this month. I feel like I'm playing really well right now...

I've even started to dabble in tournaments...with the FTOPS going on I bought into one and then won two satellites into another...I played pretty well and noticed that my new found aggression really works well in tournaments. I finished 200 and something in a 10k + entrant tournament. Which might not sound great but for a guy who really doesn't like tournaments or know much tournament strategy it was respectable I thought. I was in the top 10 in chips from about place 500 on but really screwed up a hand and lost 65% of my stack and really never recovered...so we'll see I might start to try and satellite my way into some more events. I also like how I can buy in with points so it doesn't affect the BR at all....

I've been doing a lot of thinking about jobs and happiness and I really wish I could play for a living. I know I could handle it mentally, but financially since I'd need at least 3 months of living expenses saved up I truly doubt it will ever happen...which makes me a little sad, but o well...not much I can do about it. That's another reason I've started shot taking in tournaments, just so I could possibly make that big score and pay off some bills and be able to put 3+ months of living expenses away...just a dream atm but nothing like dreaming big I guess...

Have a good weekend everyone. Later

No comments: